History of Alberta Beach
Since the early part of the 19th century Alberta Beach has been a party place for those wanting a weekend get-a-away during the warm days of summer.
Once a railroad was built in 1912, the train brought out company employees from Edmonton for picnics and holidays on the lake. A large dance pavilion, a large wooden pier and several cabins were built. Soon people began purchasing their own cabins and small businesses.
In the 1920s, Alberta Beach was incorporated as a village. By the 1930s the railroad left and the summer village continued to be a vacationing spot for city people.
As a result, today many people make the weekend jaunt to the beach to relax and have fun.
Alberta Beach's population is a combination of summer residents and year-round residents. The lifestyle of Alberta Beach is such that many diverse people and regular guests spend time in the area.
Alberta Beach was incorporated as a Summer Village in 1925 and gained Village status in 1999.
In an Edmonton Newspaper Aug. 5, 1918 - Canadian Northern Railway charges $1 return fare on its Civic Holiday Excursion Train from Edmonton to Alberta Beach.
For more about Alberta Beach go to http://www.albertabeachmuseum.com